Saturday, March 27, 2010

Holiday Fever

This has been one tough month.. started out on a really low note!.. and then was really stressed out for most of the time.. haven't shopped once(!) this entire month.. for the first time ever, am doing back-to-back night shifts, which are only making my dark circles darker!.. haven't watched as many movies as i usually do.. and to top it all.. i haven't made my three-weekly visit to the parlour, as a result of which, i'm feeling like a bear! Wheeew!
Finally today, actually feeling a bit relaxed, but wish i could have made it for my cousin's wedding this weekend (haven't decked up for an occasion in ages!).. but feeling guilty about taking off more days from work!..
Just the sheer fact that i can look forward to a holiday tomorrow is keeping me in good spirits. Its really too bad that doctors suffer from a holiday-deficit. I really envy my friends working in corporate houses, who live the typical 5 day/week work schedule with weekends off!..come Saturday, and they are all making plans for the weekend- Dandeli/ Goa etc.
Doctors, on the other hand, would be lucky to be exempted for Sunday rounds or duty!..we are expected to be committed towards duty 24X7.
Anyway, not really complaining, because in reality, i miss my work, when i'm away from it too long.. and sometimes even two days is too long!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe in..

My photo
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than the ones you did.So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Let the trade winds in. Explore. Dream. Enjoy."