Monday, May 31, 2010

Life starts at 30?

Touching 30?.. don't fret... because life for some (like myself) is only starting at 30. For the first time in my life I have a steady salary, appropriate responsibility and freedom to live as I would like to. Thanks to my profession, I have been late to get on to this bandwagon of independence- but like they say- better late than never!.
I feel liberated at 30!. Its like reaching life's prime- at a time when you have the sense to enjoy life responsibly yet passionately!. What can be more wonderful?
For instance, I made a rather big (for me) purchase last week - an air conditioner- that I have been meaning to buy in a while. It felt good to be able to pay for your own needs. It felt good to be treated to a bit of luxury- something I was rather averse to when spending my parent's money. Yes , life is definitely beginning for me at 30!
My husband is also touching 30 (earlier than i am). He is also enjoying his new found sense of success. He is growing in every bit of confidence, becoming more obsessed with his appearance and more concerned about his career than he ever was.
They say, age is but a state of the mind. How true! If you thought that your 20s was the best part of life, think again, the 30s may just be better!. The 20s is like the thrill of driving a F1 car at breakneck speed down the convoluted race track with crashes/ near misses and sometimes podium finishes. The 30s, is like racing a Merc on an empty highway along a beach- thrill of a different kind, with you always in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe in..

My photo
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than the ones you did.So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Let the trade winds in. Explore. Dream. Enjoy."