Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Bangalore- The Good, The Bad and The Ugly!

I still cant get myself to say Bengaluru!. It will always be Bangalore for me!. I have often described myself as a diehard Bangalorean!. Although Im not a speaker of the native language of the state- this city has always been "my home". But I haven't lived here since nearly 8 years. I have resigned to being a regular visitor to my city.
Returning this time after a stint abroad, I am in a contemplative mood.

The Good
I love the weather!. Thankfully its still wonderfully pleasant.
I love the way Bangalore has evolved in terms of citizens' parks. They are great places to hang out in the evenings with family.
I love the way so many things happen in the city- from shopping to art to theatre and festivals - you can always find something new and exciting to do every weekend!.

The Bad
Powercuts!- I cant believe we still haven't found a way to solve our power crises issues.
Mosquitoes!- They are naturalized citizens of "Namma city".
Footpaths!- Our roads are bad. But are footpaths are worse. Walking anywhere to anywhere, is  like a pratice run for an obstacle race!. You cant even think of taking your baby out for a stroll in a buggy. Cant imagine how helpless a guy in a wheelchair must feel!.
Autowallahs!- Some rotten apples there. Some refuse you flatly on your face!. Some demand extra fare for travelling at 7 at night!. Some hike up the meter rate as soon as a drizzle begins!. And the worse- one guy just blew his top off when I handed him 100 bucks and asked for change!(say I should have informed him prior to departure that I wasn't carrying exact money!).

The Ugly
The Traffic Sense of people here!- It borders on insanity!. Whats with the incessant honking!. They are maniacs on two wheelers who drive like they are on cocaine. College students, who make use of every flaw in the system to their advantage. Auto-drivers, who make a joke of  traffic rules. And the worse, some crazy mini vans that seem to have no brakes in them!.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe in..

My photo
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than the ones you did.So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Let the trade winds in. Explore. Dream. Enjoy."