Thursday, October 22, 2009

Im my own responsibity now

Its been a while since my last post.. Reason- been busy mostly. New life/new job/new home and with all of it.. new responsibilities. Its like the older you get.. the less carefree your life becomes. Im my own resposibility now. I need to cook my own food, wash my own clothes, clean my own house, and most of all- earn my own money. Its with mixed feelings that i live my life. Happy about my financial independence and seemingly sucessful career but yet, i miss the time and energy that i had for my own fun- now diverted to my new found "responsibilities".
Two and a half months of this, im beginning to realise the gravity of care that my parents and grandparents did for my sakes. Just the sheer task of waking up everyday at 7 is a huge exercise for me. Thinking back of all the years past, my grandma woke up everyday at 5am regardless , to get us all going!. Making coffee or having a decent breakfast is now a luxary. Its bread and cheese if im lucky!.. and coffee at work (if the vending machine is working!). How i miss that warm cup of chocolate beverage waiting for me everyday on the dining table before i rushed off the school/college..the one that i made such a fuss to drink! Its amazing how life comes a full circle!. Its a wonder how my working mother managed to keep our 6 bedroom/9 bathroom(!) home of 6 persons in a sterile condition , while i struggle to keep my tiny 2 bedroon flat clean!. I cant remember a day when my mom complained (even after a hard day's work), that she was too tired/lazy to cook so "lets go out for a meal".. a phrase i so often use here!.
At the end of a day's work, all i can think of, is climbing into that warm queen's bed, cuddle up under the covers and collapse.
Right now, im trying to adapt to the situation the best i can; turn's out my best is still far away from my mom's worst!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe in..

My photo
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than the ones you did.So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Let the trade winds in. Explore. Dream. Enjoy."