Monday, March 16, 2009

How difficult is it to keep in touch ladies?

Of late im peeved by old friends who dont keep in touch. I have a friend of 14 years (yes 14 years!).. somebody i spent my entire chilhood (and teenage years) with. We spent everyday of those years together-sitting on the terrace and having endless discusssions about our crushes, playing on the streets in front of our houses, going cycling around the colony, watching all the movies that came to town- that all ended when she got married and left with her husband to live on another continent. It was easier for her, i'd say, since at least her world was new and she had a husband for company. For me, I was left all alone without my soul mate to share my woes/joys. Well eventually, as life moves on, you move along, and I left for different places and made new friends.But she was always my special friend- somebody i so proudly used to say to everybody was so like me. I knew she wasnt the sentimental kind and initially it never bothered me that i never got any replies to my mails/ calls. But as time went, it became an increasing frustrating one way communication. Life was full for her- new friends, family and then later even a son. I gave her many chances, taking the busy life of married women into consideration. I would devise innnovative ways to get in touch with her- second and thrid degree common friends.I would wait till the 20th ring of my 5th call till i hung up the phone. But all i got was a once -in-a-blumoon superficial -inquiry -call back. 
Now, i have given up. 
What is it with girls who get married and think that..marriage/family/career..thats their sole mission on earth..to hell with old friends..to the extent that they begin to avoid all old contacts??..its an emotional draining experience for the poor old friend. I've also noticed that this a predominantly female syndrome.. women never bother to keep in touch with their ol pals.. while the men folk regularly make plans with their childhood buddies.
Its high time women get social with their old friends.. again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe in..

My photo
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than the ones you did.So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Let the trade winds in. Explore. Dream. Enjoy."