Monday, March 23, 2009

An Ode to Coffee


Coffee..its simply irresistable..this tan coloured,slurpy beverage is a need in my life everyday. I prefer to have a piping hot "tumbler" of coffee in the mid afternoon.. after waking up from my power nap (read: siesta)..and i love to have it "south Indian "style..served in a standard sized stainless steel tumbler with a small steel bowl beneath it. My favorite thing about coffee is to watch the froth biuld up as i tranfer it from tumbler to bowl and back. I read somewhere, in order to get maximum froth on your coffee, one must first mix only a little milk into a glass with coffee powder and sugar and stir this vigourously and then only pour the remaining milk/boiling water. It works. Its amazing what100 ml of caffiene can do for you. I dont know if it all in the mind. But it really works..instantly all your fatigue wears off..you feel invigorated with new energy to make a fresh start(especially useful if you have spent your entire morning fruitlessly and want to make amends at mid-noon). I have my coffee slowly (like a seasoned wine taster)..taking in all the smell and flavour..its almost a disappointment when i reach the bottom!.But i keep a strict 1 glass a day policy.. and must wait for the next day afternoon for another period of romance with my favourite drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe in..

My photo
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than the ones you did.So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Let the trade winds in. Explore. Dream. Enjoy."