Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Funniest Diary Ever!


Im not a major fiction fan..although an avid reader, I prefer periodicals and non-fiction paperbacks to reading a novel.. . so if I'm recommending a storybook.. it must really be special. Recently, while visiting my local lending-library, i came across the book "Bridget Jones Diary". Having seen the movie, I reluctantly picked it up and flipped through a few pages. Hmm.. it seemed interesting enough.. so i brought it home to read. And I landed up reading it cover to cover, without a break, laughing to my self, all the way. It was simply hilarious!. Every woman (and man) must read this masterpiece of comical writings. It is written like a diary.. as the name goes.. each day's entry starts off with her weight/no of ciggis she's had/ no of glasses of alcohol she's consumed/ and her remarks about the same!. I think every woman can identify (at least in part) with BJ's life- her mistakes in love, her obsession with her appearence/weight, her friends and their advices, her parents and their concerns and most of all her never-dying resolution to change (for the better!). Badly need a laugh?? Get you hands on this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe in..

My photo
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than the ones you did.So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Let the trade winds in. Explore. Dream. Enjoy."