Thursday, February 14, 2013

Flour Power!

The past few week days have been very stressful for me- having to take care of a toddler full-time is exhausting!. Its sometimes frustrating as well, because you never really make decent adult conversation the whole day!. Anyways, today,I took a cue from an online forum and decided to let him play with flour after his breakfast. And voila!, the result was fantastic!. My kid got so engrossed in flour play- putting his hands in the flour, loading his digger truck and sometimes his dumper truck, fishing the flour out of the bowl with a spoon or a spade- it was fascinating to see him all involved in an activity!. Later I gave him an old cardboard, which he sprayed with flour, after which we make some fun figures on the flour with our hands!. We spent the whole morning doing this!.


They call it "sensory play". Whatever, its called , its worth it!. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe in..

My photo
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than the ones you did.So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Let the trade winds in. Explore. Dream. Enjoy."