Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Wind of Change

Change is inevitable.. but also tough to accept .. until it becomes a routine. When I went from married working woman to working mother, the change was enormous!. The sleepless nights, the endless breast feeding sessions and the stresses of everyday household affairs took their toll on me and ultimately, I compromised my professional work ethics. I was always late to work, always waiting to leave early, skipping sessions, etc. Now when I look back, I wonder why I never handled the situation better then?. I had fallen into a runt and couldn't get out of it.
Thats exactly, what I want to avoid while I'm here. Again, change has been tough on me but this time, I seeking to control it. I could crib all day and wail and scream that this is not what Im asking for!, but then, who's listening?.Lesson learnt from my last experience- Control the change!.
Years ago, my friends and I had gone for a Scorpions concert in Bangalore, while in college. Now, I'm not a big fan, but I do love their hit song- "Wind of Change". It was the final song that night, and I remember, swaying to the music, with the song on our lips, and mobile phones' torches in hand, (substituting for candle light).


The future's in the air
I can feel it everywhere
Blowing with the wind of change

Take me to the magic of the moment

On a glory night
Where the children of tomorrow dream away
In the wind of change

Walking down the street

Distant memories
Are buried in the past forever

Of course, the song is bigger than just a simple pep talk on change. It was symbolic to the end of the cold war and in many ways is a song for all wars and revolts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe in..

My photo
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than the ones you did.So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Let the trade winds in. Explore. Dream. Enjoy."