Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Toddler activities over the weekend

We had a lot of fun over the weekend. My hubby got a 3-day weekend unexpectedly. We spend the first day shopping for groceries at the Indian store in Stuttgart. Its surprising, how small the world really is!. You get everything you need to make an Indian curry right here.
It was raining like crazy as we drove down the Autobahn. But even then, the slowest you would go is probably a 100 kph!. Its amazing how easy, good roads can make your life!
We spend the evening shopping at IKea. For someone like me, this is a dream destination for shopping!. Its true retail therapy for me!. If I could, I would spend the whole day here and I would buy everything there is to buy!. But with a toddler in stow, its speed shopping all the way!- "Skip the exhibit &Stick to the list". We were lucky my kiddo decided to keep himself occupied with stuff we kept throwing into the shopping trolley!. But its a cool activity for a toddler- seeing so many colors, touching so may textures and learning all the way!. If your kiddo can last an hour without throwing a tantrum in a shopping cart- I highly recommend a trip to IKea as a toddler activity!
 The rest of the weekend, we spent at home. Cars, trucks and jeeps- thats all my 21 month old son is bothered about. Give him some small cars and he will keep driving them up and down the sofas/beds/tables and even the kitchen room heater!. For the first time this weekend, he spent some time in "independent play"- while I was busy in the kitchen and my hubby sat glued to the internet, he played all by himself, running cars over the bed with pillows as make-believe hills and tunnels!. It was a welcome relief for me! Keeping him up and playing takes a lot of energy on an average day (so much so, that I resign to seek the help of Ipad and You tube (gods of home entertainment -for the unfortunate few of us who lack satellite television!). Another skill my little one mastered over the weekend was, learning to stack a tower of Lego Duplo blocks!. Another great idea for independent play.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe in..

My photo
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than the ones you did.So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Let the trade winds in. Explore. Dream. Enjoy."