Sunday, February 3, 2013

New Place, Old thoughts

So here i am , at the not-so-tender age of 32, sitting in the living room at my apartment in Germany, wondering whats coming into my life in this new year. The past two years have been full of activities and events that, the loneliness of the present amuses me!. I have resigned myself to the role of a full-time MOM to a hyper active 21 month old toddler. Needless to say, its not an easy job, frustrating at times. I can't help but wonder how my grandma managed to take care of me and my brother, single-handedly, while my parents were away at work. I never remember my grandma ever feeling tired or burned out , in all the years that she took care of us. Kudos to her!
Away from the chaos that is India, the silence of a German suburb, is new and unexpected for me. I never thought I would miss the noise that makes up everyday life in India. Right from the car-cleaner ringing your doorbell at 7 A.M, to the servant rattling away as she cooks and cleans, life in India is "full". I never thought sunlight was so rare for people in some parts of the world!. The sight of the sun rays streaming down your window is a welcome sight here!. On the flip side, its clean and green. We never have to worry about power cuts or water running out in the taps.
These days, away from work, the only sense of self-achievement comes from the dishes I cook everyday. Each day,I try out a new recipe or a new way of cooking an old one. Cooking is as fascinating as chemistry to me. We mix, grind, blend, saute, fry and deep fry all kinds of ingredients. It makes the mundane routine of daily life more appealing.
Anyways, while i'm here, I plan to master a few recipes, travel a bit and spend quality time with my son. A good exposure on my work front would be a bonus!. Lets see whats in store for this year!.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe in..

My photo
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than the ones you did.So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Let the trade winds in. Explore. Dream. Enjoy."