Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Maiden Oven!

For a first time oven user like me, an ordinary oven can be quite intimidating!. First, you wonder, how do I turn this thing on?. Then, we contemplate how long to "pre-heat"?. Then, we think about the equipment, how it will come out, if we are doing the right thing? etc. All this may seem silly for a seasoned baker, but for a novice- it can be the most difficult cooking problem one has ever faced!.
Anyways, I decided to overcome this "phobia" last sunday, by making my first "tandoori" dish- the ever famous Tandoori Chicken!. First I got my sis-in-law to give me some expert advice. And then I researched online for simple, easy-to-do recipes of this dish. The simplest and best search i could zero in on was this- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsb311KiG1U
The outcome was thankfully, reasonably good. Anyways, more importantly, I made my firsy steps into baking. Hopefully, I get better with time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe in..

My photo
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than the ones you did.So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Let the trade winds in. Explore. Dream. Enjoy."