Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Paneer Pudina Curry


So, here's the first of my "experiments" at cooking in Germany!. I remember a few years ago, friends used to call my house the "lab", because I would make them sample all my home cooked recipes for ideas and opinions.  Anyways, I have come a long way since the days of the "lab" (hope).
So I had some pudina (mint) and some paneer that I had got at the Indian store in Stuttgart over the week end. That was the inspiration to combine the two!. I searched online for a paneer pudina curry recipe. I came across some starter recipes for tikkas but no gravy recipes.
My experiment begins with first preparing a base gravy, with some standard seasoning- jeera, red chilies  For the base i used onions, tomatos, pudina, almonds, cashews and peanuts.  After some shallow-fry cooking of these, I ground them all into a paste. In some cooking butter, I sautéed the paneer cubes. When they were done, I added the gravy base. Ten minutes later, I was done!. Tastes lovely with chapattis!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe in..

My photo
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than the ones you did.So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Let the trade winds in. Explore. Dream. Enjoy."